PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 9, 2011

Behavior Coupon Madness

I just wanted to take a moment to update you on my new behavior coupons. You might have heard or sent your child with a CD, stuffed animal or a show & tell item. Well, let me tell you these coupons are a hot commodity in our classroom. I never in a million years thought these kids would choose one of these coupons over a piece of candy! For years I had a treasure box but it proved to be quite expensive for me even if I got recycled items to put in the treasure box...it was hard to keep them interested & wanting to earn warm fuzzies to pick out of the treasure box. So I came up with this coupon system which seems to be a complete hit with them & that is really exciting for me as well! Here is a picture of the coupons they have available. 

They can choose from any of these coupons & it only costs them two big warm fuzzies or 10 little ones. The most popular coupons seem to be the job swap (swap jobs for the day), teacher's desk (sit at one of my desks for the day as long as they stay focused), music (bring in a CD for me to play during morning work), & super supplies (use of our fabulous writing center supplies). Here are some pictures from our first "trading day". 
Aren't they just the cutest?!?
Now here are some pictures after "Z" turned in a coupon to pick a CD book. He got to pick the CD book & even flip the pages! 

As you can see someone was prepared to use their "furry friend" coupon & got to bring in a stuffed animal to hold onto for the day. 

Sitting patiently & quietly listening to a CD book as their teacher is frantically taking pictures. 
Yet another view....
& now for a few pics of what they have to choose from. 



Here are a few options with the exception of our treat jar which was generously filled by YOU! For the cost of ten fuzzies they can choose from a treat from the treat jar, a pencil, a pencil grip, an eraser, a no homework pass or the famous coupons! 
Since we were having several battles over the peace seat until we have the "star of the week". I decided to make this a reward to sit in this "peaceful rainbow retreat". When we have a "star of the week" this will be their throne for the week during "Read to Self" or "Read to Someone" during our Daily 5 rotations. 
Ok admit it...don't these shiny school supplies bring back memories? I am a school supply shopaholic & my students become a little obsessed with school supplies when they are in my class. This is their choice of our fabulous writing center supplies. Any donations to this center are always welcome! I put supplies in this center that they do not have available in their own school boxes. Anything from markers to glittery crayons. THEY LOVE THIS! I even have those funky little pens in the purple box. They tend to favor the glittery crayons, smelly markers, & colored pencils :) 
This is the "'Far Out" teacher desk that they can sit at with the "teacher's desk" coupon. I have to admit, this is my favorite part of the room! I got all those lava lamps in the background from the Route 127 sale in Kentucky right before school started. The back of the shelf is actually a dry erase board which they will get to use once I launch the "Word Work" part of the Daily 5. 
 Here is the "Out of Sight" teacher desk where they can sit at for a day when they cash in their coupon. As long as they stay focused they can stay :) 
Finally, we have the "Woodstock" table.
Thanks to your generosity, the primary colored supply baskets will be utilized during RTI. The blue supply bin contains extra crayons...trust me we are already losing them so we need somewhere to go when I am in the middle of teaching & they can't find a crayon. 

I hope you have enjoyed our time together so far. I take pride in the environment where I teach your children daily & I am confident they love our peace themed classroom! 
P.S. IF YOU READ THIS FAR....TELL YOUR CHILD I OWE THEM A COUPON & I WILL KNOW YOU READ OUR BLOG. MAKE SURE THEY TELL ME BRIGHT & EARLY ON MONDAY MORNING & THEY WILL RECEIVE IT. IF IT'S AFTER MONDAY MORNING, THE "COUPON" WON'T BE VALID AS NEWS MIGHT SPREAD ...wink wink! 


Photobucket

1 comment: